Discuss underfloor heating thermostat wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Minime

Hi just want to check I'm connecting the live input to the correct terminal on the thermostat, as its the only one not clearly marked, can you clarify it's terminal 3?
there's a picture of the wiring diagram below

The heating wire is 3 core, 2 are individually sleeved to be connected to the 2 'heating' terminals and the 3rd unsleeved is earth

Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually say that labeling is downright shoddy if not illegal. Since when did arrows become a substitute for showing which termination is the switched live and which is the switched neutral and come to think of it whether the neutral out is even switched or if it's permanent.

In answer to your question I'd refer to any booklet that came with it but I'd guess terminal 3 is the live-in.

I would actually say that labeling is downright shoddy if not illegal. Since when did arrows become a substitute for showing which termination is the switched live and which is the switched neutral and come to think of it whether the neutral out is even switched or if it's permanent.

In answer to your question I'd refer to any booklet that came with it but I'd guess terminal 3 is the live-in.

Its not great is it Marvo! However I found the installation manual for Minime which confirms all of the terminals.

Yeah, 'not great' is an understatement :(. They go to lengths to tell you it's polar white in the 'technical specs' but they omit to say if it's s-pole or d-pole switching.

underfloor heating thermostat wiring image - EletriciansForums.net

Thanks guys! I've added a pic of the actuall instructions it came with but they are no more help!

themanual you found power ranger is for the manual version whereas I have the digital one. I'm guessing the connections are the same though.

my logic was the 2 arrows for heating must be 'out' arrows, making the arrow at 3 an 'in'

Reply to underfloor heating thermostat wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock