Discuss Underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

ngoodson1969

Hi All,

I am wiring up an extension which includes underfloor heating. Here is a pic I took of the control gear. I have never wired these things up? What do I do next? Does this cable go to a stat then onto the c/u? Thanks.

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 80
Lokks like that cable controls pump and should be connected in to stat possible via an actuator.

there should be a wiring centre somewhere, underfloor heating should have a roomstat in every room which will control valve and send a signal to run the pump and fire the boiler through a wiring centre. It appears all you have in this picture is the circulating pump and either a blending or auto by pass valve (cant really tell from pic) The actuators and wiring centre must be located elsewhere, possibly nearer the boiler?

Sorry... just realised it is only the extension, so only 1 roomstat and possibly no actuator as the circulating pump will do the same job as it will only come on when extension requires it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have kind of sorted it, there is a choc block housed in there and the wiring diagram shows where to wire in the stat but doesn't show where the programmer would go? Does this usually go between the feed and the pump or between the stat and the pump?
Nick

Normally the programmer would go before everything.

Its only when its time to switch on does it allow power to the stat, which throws the valve which switches on the pump and boiler.

Reply to Underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net