Discuss underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lukeallen88

hey
has anyone had much experience with under floor heating. if so what is the best make and whats the best output to have in a kitchen 100w 150w or 200w

hi
the last one i fitted was a warmup matting system. fairly simple to install and produced good heat. in terms of the wattage output, ring the manufacturer or look through their brochure as it all depends on the base floor ie. concrete, and the top covering ie. laminate/tiles etc. If you get the wattage too high you can ruin laminate or create hot spots under tiles which will destroy the heating cable. hope this was helpful.

I will try the loose wire one day!

I use matting and have done a few conservatories, as it is the primary heat source I have used 200W.

I believe 100w is for comfort warming of floor only and 150w an inbetweeny kind of thing!

The 200w will need its own circuit if you go above 10M2 otherwise a 13A spur is acceptable.

I use ambient kits with the dual thermostat, if you give them your scheme reg number they will give you 5% discount.

I like them and they are a pleasent company to deal with offering good customer service and support!

Electric Underfloor Heating | Underfloor Heating Kits and Systems

IF ANY ONE FROM AMBIENT SEES THIS I WANT 10% DISCOUNT NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Reply to underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock