Discuss underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

flukey

-
Reaction score
hi all,
ive been asked to change a heating thermostat for a small underfloor heating mat and thought a replacement would be easy to find.

havent been to the job but customer says its for his elderly father in his sheltered housing room.

the stat thats fitted is a preset tamperproof one that the old man keeps removing the lid of and adjusting himself :eek:

there is 2 red cables and 2 black cables in the thermostat each connected to their own terminal.

i take it that there is a line and neutral feed in, then 1 red goes to the heating and the black to a probe???

can anyone suggest a suitable replacement stat as i cant seem to find a direct replacement.

alternatively could the one below be used??
Horstmann HRT2 Room Thermostat - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Reply to underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, firstly I’m not in anyway qualified to do any electrical work but was just hoping for a quick piece of help In regard to trying to find a...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is my first post. I am very novice around home diy electrical work. I can replace sockets and light switches and hold degree in...
Replies
Views
I
Hi, A first timer to the forum seeking some help. I planned to put an underfloor heating mat (total load 6amp) in one of the room at ground...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
M
I have just moved into a 3 bed end-of-terrace built in 1969 that was supposed to have still-functional electric underfloor heating in the...
Replies
Views
U
Hello, I have been asked by a customer if i can replace his underfloor heating thermostat for a programmable thermostat. Is this possible? Could...
Replies
Views
U WATT
U

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock