Discuss underfloor heating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drayton

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello, with regard to underfloor heating mats, the new regs 753.411.3.2 state, "in the case of heating units delivered without exposed conductive parts, a suitable conductive covering, for example a grid with a spacing of not more than 30mm shall be provided on site as an exsposed-conductive-part above the floor heating elements ". the unit I use has an earthed screen around the cables. Whats the purpose of the above, it wont provide any mechanical protection ?. can someone enlighten me, Cheers Drayton.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because this must be on its RCD, its ensuring that any breakdown of the live conductors gets picked up by the earth system (hence the screening or grid)

D

drayton

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeh, Thats my point , the wire mat system has an earthed screen which if there is a breakdown on the live conductors, the RCD will trip, I dont get why there needs to be a separate exposed earth grid, or am I being thick.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to underfloor heating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom