Discuss underfloor heating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

drayton

Hello, with regard to underfloor heating mats, the new regs 753.411.3.2 state, "in the case of heating units delivered without exposed conductive parts, a suitable conductive covering, for example a grid with a spacing of not more than 30mm shall be provided on site as an exsposed-conductive-part above the floor heating elements ". the unit I use has an earthed screen around the cables. Whats the purpose of the above, it wont provide any mechanical protection ?. can someone enlighten me, Cheers Drayton.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because this must be on its RCD, its ensuring that any breakdown of the live conductors gets picked up by the earth system (hence the screening or grid)

Yeh, Thats my point , the wire mat system has an earthed screen which if there is a breakdown on the live conductors, the RCD will trip, I dont get why there needs to be a separate exposed earth grid, or am I being thick.

Reply to underfloor heating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock