Discuss Underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Evening all,

I have been asked to install some underfloor heating as part of a full rewire. If I remember correctly the bathroom is no bigger than 16m square. I have run a 2.5mm cable to a location just outside the bathroom, the UFH will be on its own circuit protected by either a 16A or 20A breaker. I've still got about a weeks worth of 1st fix to do so its not too late to change the supply cable. Can anyone offer any advice on how to continue the installation from here?

Many thanks in advance.

16m square or 16 sq. m.? blooody big difference.

If I wanted someone else to do it I'd get them on site. I haven't installed it before, not everybody was born with infinite knowledge like you Flick.

16 square metres... But don't worry guys I'll figure it out, I always do!

i estimate a 16sq.m. ufh to be around 2.5kW, so i'd be inclined to put it on a dedicated circuit. not forgetting RCD.

Leave a draw wire in if possible to pull the thermostat cable and supply cable up to programmer, 16amp radial and FCU and as it's a rewire it should already be on a RCD as you will be putting a 17th edition board in :)

Touchy :). Wasn't born with any more knowledge than anyone else. Just thought it was funny looking at your username.

Prime Design doesn't mean I know it all. Maybe I should change the name of my company to 'Don't Have A Clue Installations' and see how far I get. You still haven't said anything constructive so you might as well FLICK off!

Prime Design doesn't mean I know it all. Maybe I should change the name of my company to 'Don't Have A Clue Installations' and see how far I get. You still haven't said anything constructive so you might as well FLICK off!

Spitting the dummy out lol. Try something more original, with the surname Flickton I've been getting that since primary school.

...And to be fair,Prime,you never started with the most important piece of information....the load.Never buy pink baby clothes,till you KNOW it's a girl...:icon12:

im suprised there not going for water underfloor heating, its a lot cheaper to run.

your 2.5kw sounds about right. get some gaffer tape to stick it down. (we do underfloor heating in conservatorys from time to time)

A very good idea as you seem to get stick about it in most of your posts asking questions often of a design nature.

Have you got your company up and running yet? If you have you should consider changing its name before trading standards drop on you for misrepresentation.

I think you should TBH. Anyone who calls themselves an electrician yet thinks that a megohm is a thousand ohms is nowt but a charlatan in my eyes. Whether you like it or not, the questions you've been asking on here indicate quite strongly that you indeed don't have a clue.

Reply to Underfloor heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock