Discuss Underground cabling to garage. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DavidIT

Hi,

I have a garage in a block just outside my back gate. I wish to supply power to it but am concerned with the regulations regarding cabling across communal ground.

My garage isn't attatched to my property. It is about 6 feet from the boundry of my garden. The land that the cabling would have to cross under is communal i.e owned by all of us using the garage block.

Can I legally cross this land to power my garage?

Hi,

I have a garage in a block just outside my back gate. I wish to supply power to it but am concerned with the regulations regarding cabling across communal ground.

My garage isn't attatched to my property. It is about 6 feet from the boundry of my garden. The land that the cabling would have to cross under is communal i.e owned by all of us using the garage block.

Can I legally cross this land to power my garage?

hi,
i think legaly you do not have the right to cross the ground ,at least not without the other owners aggrement ,and then you could negotiate wayleave, as it would be noted on the respective property deeds ,by a soliciter, going ahead without could be classed as damage ,so be carefull ,your local council should be able to advise you ,

a right load of crap for 6ft of cable ,but unfortunately ,i think thats the way it is

good luck:)

I have the same problem except my house is 2 years old and on a private development. The only way I could get power to it is via a high level catenary wire but looks too ugly so I have to make do with no garage power.

Reply to Underground cabling to garage. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock