Discuss Underground car park lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Good evening all!

Has anyone got involved with car park lighting?

I’m pricing a block of 13 flats with under ground parking, I’m sure how to price it...

whether to go for anti corrosive LED battens with microwave sensor and a corridor function so the car park is never in darkness or;

Go for standard anti corrosive LED battens and have a sensor at all entrances to car the park so the illuminate whenever someone enters and have maintance EM lights so the carpark never goes dark.....

Thoughts please!!

Go for standard anti corrosive LED battens and have a sensor at all entrances to car the park so the illuminate whenever someone enters and have maintance EM lights so the carpark never goes dark.....
unless you have three blind mice , you need to put in above .I would incorporated EM LIGHTING WITH THE LED BATTENS ,LOOK AT ME WITH THE BIG WRITING .LOL.

ask your wholesaler to organise a visit to site
ensure that there lighting suppliers rep joins you.

go through the options, ask them to provide you with the lighting design and different options.

Good evening all!

Has anyone got involved with car park lighting?

I’m pricing a block of 13 flats with under ground parking, I’m sure how to price it...

whether to go for anti corrosive LED battens with microwave sensor and a corridor function so the car park is never in darkness or;

Thoughts please!!
What my suggestion is to first figure how many lights you need and of course LED weather resistant. Why don’t you just add a lighting contractor so they will stay on from dusk to dawn and you want a sensor

Does the installation also require EM lighting?

You need to consult BS 5489 Part 9, this describes the requirements for car park lighting, it includes energy savings, and minimum lux needs etc.

If you can't get a copy on loan, most light manufacturers will guide you with suitable kit from their range.

Yes there will be EM lights going in, I having a combo or anti corrosive EM battens with em bulk heads.

Going to install 4 sensors at each entrance to the carpark and have a contactor to bring lights on and off

Yes there will be EM lights going in, I having a combo or anti corrosive EM battens with em bulk heads.

Going to install 4 sensors at each entrance to the carpark and have a contactor to bring lights on and off

Why the mix of different fittings for the emergency lighting?

Is a sensor at each entrance the best idea?

I suggested microwave sensors with corridor function but they don’t want to use microwave as had issues with them in the past!

One in fourish with be a maintained EM anti corrosive with a exit box over the exits

One in fourish with be a maintained EM anti corrosive with a exit box over the exits

That doesn't sound like a very well planned emergency lighting design, one in fourish sounds more like someone has taken a wild guess at what emergency lighting is required rather than actually designing it properly.

How big is this carpark? Does a single exit sign over the exits satisfy the requirements for viewing distance and placement?

Reply to Underground car park lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net