Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss underground ducting in short lengths in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Anyone know where I can get 32mm ID/37mm OD underground electric cable ducting from in shorter lengths, cheapest I found is amazon but everywhere seems to do minimum 50m, I only need 15m and rarely use it.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Book the price of the 50m to the job and worry not. How much out of interest ?

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I presume you are using SWA cable. Why the ducting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The ducting is because its very wet clay soil manufacturer of SWA does say:

Armoured cables
While Prysmian’s Low Voltage and Medium Voltage armoured cables, with both LSOH and PVC sheaths, are suitable for installation in ‘free draining soils’ they are not recommended for installation in permanently waterlogged ground, such as in clay soils or below the water-table. In free draining soils a cable can be expected to achieve Prysmian’s estimated minimum design life of 25 years for a cable fully and continuously loaded. However, in permanently waterlogged ground a cable’s design life will prematurely shortened by water migrating through the cable sheath and potentially corroding the cable’s armour.

Plus I want to take the ducting up the wall and into the house.. the 25m of double wall stuff for £30 + P&P seems to be the winner..

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to underground ducting in short lengths in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom