Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Undertile heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a quick Q. First fixing my first underfloor heating... But am only needing to wire in the supply for it. I know that it'll only be pulling 5Amps, and was just wanting to know whether it run it from its own 6Amp breaker or just FCU it to the ring which I have installed, (less than 50 m run.) Have first fixed it for both, so I'm covered, just wanting to know what the regs favour. Thanks!

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
B

bobsteroo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
as long as you have rcd protection and main earth bonding water and gas either way will survice good luck programming time clock:confused: lol

S

Spudnik

Underfloor heating is very notifiable.

You should check the regs (OSG) as there is a little bit that should be read about it.

However, spur off the RF circuit is fine with appropriate fuse.

B

bobsteroo

jason assuming this is in the bathroom there waS no mention where this was being installed!

S

Spudnik

Bob,

Underfloor heating is notifiable wherever it is installed i believe.

Could be wrong tho. Dont have docs to hand to check at the mo.

Y

YTSOxford

Thanks all for your input. Its all notifiable and will be. The job has had a new shower, water heater, ring , lights installed into a new board. Very odd client. Doesn't want her floors disturbed, so having to sub main. I work along side some other sparks but today I was by myself, and this is the first 1 I've had to do. They'll do the second fix. I'm 17th ed , but no way near confident yet, so Am a mate. So the Ring route will be fine? thanks.

B

bobsteroo

of corse it is notifiable he didnt ask that just if he could spur of or new cct thanks bob :)

M

michufc

of corse it is notifiable he didnt ask that just if he could spur of or new cct thanks bob :)
i believe you can use a f/c/u off the ring as long as the circuit is protected by rcd and all bonding is up to 17th

hope this helps:D

Reply to Undertile heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom