CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Undertile heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a quick Q. First fixing my first underfloor heating... But am only needing to wire in the supply for it. I know that it'll only be pulling 5Amps, and was just wanting to know whether it run it from its own 6Amp breaker or just FCU it to the ring which I have installed, (less than 50 m run.) Have first fixed it for both, so I'm covered, just wanting to know what the regs favour. Thanks!

Scolmore Electrical Products
B

bobsteroo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
as long as you have rcd protection and main earth bonding water and gas either way will survice good luck programming time clock:confused: lol

S

Spudnik

Underfloor heating is very notifiable.

You should check the regs (OSG) as there is a little bit that should be read about it.

However, spur off the RF circuit is fine with appropriate fuse.

B

bobsteroo

jason assuming this is in the bathroom there waS no mention where this was being installed!

S

Spudnik

Bob,

Underfloor heating is notifiable wherever it is installed i believe.

Could be wrong tho. Dont have docs to hand to check at the mo.

Y

YTSOxford

Thanks all for your input. Its all notifiable and will be. The job has had a new shower, water heater, ring , lights installed into a new board. Very odd client. Doesn't want her floors disturbed, so having to sub main. I work along side some other sparks but today I was by myself, and this is the first 1 I've had to do. They'll do the second fix. I'm 17th ed , but no way near confident yet, so Am a mate. So the Ring route will be fine? thanks.

B

bobsteroo

of corse it is notifiable he didnt ask that just if he could spur of or new cct thanks bob :)

M

michufc

of corse it is notifiable he didnt ask that just if he could spur of or new cct thanks bob :)
i believe you can use a f/c/u off the ring as long as the circuit is protected by rcd and all bonding is up to 17th

hope this helps:D

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Undertile heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom