Discuss Unicourse HNC in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

edexlab

-
Arms
Reaction score
A Friend of mine has asked if I know anything about this Company Unicourse to do an online HNC Electrical engineering, it's not his first choice but as He's been made redundant a few weeks ago, this company is offering the Edexcel BTEC HNC at a lower rate than for example Teeside and he can pay smaller installments monthly than other providers to make it easier financially for him to do.

He said he's not found much online about this company other than the websites own reviews.

So what I'm asking is has anyone any experience of them as a Course provider?

I have a HND in Computing.

The most important part is to find out who the awarding body is and If it is widely recognised.

I did it with my local college and the awarding body was Edexcel BTEC.

I have never heard of "Unicourse" there is nothing wrong with the online aspect of it as long as the awarding body is legit.

I would suggest he contacts Unicourse and asks them for evidence.

Also, if possible. I would recommend a foundation degree rather than a HND if his company would be willing to pay for that instead.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, he can take out a student load to cover the full cost of the HND and just get his employer to pay them directly. The way it works is that you don't have to pay anything back untill you meet the payment threshold, then it's just a percentage of your earnings. (It's more like a tax than an actual loan. He should read up on that as an option.)

Yes I suggested a career development loan or student loan whatever they are called now, as he lost his job
He has some work lined up now, but mostly agency and some subbing

I spoke to him this morning and he tracked down a couple of persons on LinkedIn who had studied with them and gave him good feedback,
He said he contacted Pearson Edexcel who only confirmed they were a registered centre, nothing more

I did a bit of looking to try and help and I'm surprised in this age of online reviews how little info there is on online course providers,

I thought there might be some kind of Gov regulation for vocational quals but apparently not.

Reply to Unicourse HNC in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net