Discuss Universal Vehical Security System in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im new here, I hope all is well, I have a few questions I hope some experts can answer for me as I am wondering what the functionality of these features might be on this security system.

Someone broke into my car and broke my ignition key lock trying to start my car but did not succeed VERY VERY LUCK I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I brought last week a 2 way security system with a Key thats got a LCD screen,

Two wired objects in this crappy manual say to wire to a handbrake (on one harness which connects ignition/acc etc.
and to connect to a charging indicator/oil pressure indicator. on a small harness together from control box which looks to control the doors solenoid locks.

anyways I now want to put this in, I have decent wiring skills such as having engine swapped and knowing to rewire harnesses is one thing but understanding what the use for security on the handbrake and charge light would be?
would these be simply optional?

thanks
Shaun

Universal Vehical Security System IMG_20180525_215245sm - EletriciansForums.net

The charging light connection would detect the engine starting/running.
The connection to the handbrake will pick up if the handbrake is released, as in car being moved .

@ snowhead beat me to it

The hand brake cable will tell the system the car is parked or if the hand brake is released. The other will indicate if the engine has been started. Hope this helps

Reply to Universal Vehical Security System in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock