Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Unknown Wire Found - Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Everyone,.

My wife has asked me to tidy up our airing cupboard, which is next to the bathroom... Pipe boxing in and a paint job... Nothing too serious... I'm a complete novice but should be able to manage this...

When I've looked at it today there appears to be a Green electrical wire coming from the floor up into the wall... Have no idea what this is for and it is right in the way of where I want to box the piping.

Does anyone know what this if for... Is it a vital wire.

It comes from the floor (kitchen below) and leads into the wall ( bathroom) but I do not know where is goes after it enters the wall.

Any help would be amazing

Thanks

Justin

IMG_20190506_103124.jpg

IMG_20190506_103133.jpg

IMG_20190506_103152.jpg

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Earth wire, e.g. supplementary bonding for the bathroom. Might or might not be important, depends on various conditions. You should not just disconnect it without having someone check.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
what he said^^^^.it could be vital or due to increased use of RCDs, might be redundant.needs a pro sparks to verify.

-
Arms
Esteemed
Earth wire, e.g. supplementary bonding for the bathroom. Might or might not be important, depends on various conditions. You should not just disconnect it without having someone check.
Just make sure that someone you get to check isn't a plumber, they seem to disconnect them just for fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just wanted to thank all the positive responses I've received..

I think I will end up getting someone in to check it now and see if there is any slack so I can secure it to the wall if it's required.

Thanks again

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If it's in the way it can be extended and/or rerouted but it would be a job for a sparky because it would need testing as well if it's disturbed.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Unknown Wire Found - Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom