Discuss Unknown Wire Found - Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,.

My wife has asked me to tidy up our airing cupboard, which is next to the bathroom... Pipe boxing in and a paint job... Nothing too serious... I'm a complete novice but should be able to manage this...

When I've looked at it today there appears to be a Green electrical wire coming from the floor up into the wall... Have no idea what this is for and it is right in the way of where I want to box the piping.

Does anyone know what this if for... Is it a vital wire.

It comes from the floor (kitchen below) and leads into the wall ( bathroom) but I do not know where is goes after it enters the wall.

Any help would be amazing

Thanks

Justin

IMG_20190506_103124.jpg

IMG_20190506_103133.jpg

IMG_20190506_103152.jpg

Earth wire, e.g. supplementary bonding for the bathroom. Might or might not be important, depends on various conditions. You should not just disconnect it without having someone check.

what he said^^^^.it could be vital or due to increased use of RCDs, might be redundant.needs a pro sparks to verify.

I just wanted to thank all the positive responses I've received..

I think I will end up getting someone in to check it now and see if there is any slack so I can secure it to the wall if it's required.

Thanks again

If it's in the way it can be extended and/or rerouted but it would be a job for a sparky because it would need testing as well if it's disturbed.

Reply to Unknown Wire Found - Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock