Discuss Unsatisfactory EICR - ring r2 broken? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Evening Fella's

Did an EICR today, on the ring final the r1 and rn were 0.47 and 0.48 but the r2 was >22, every socket had a satisfactory Zs and I also fitted a new RCD board.

The ESC say the broken r2 is a code c2 which would mean an overall unsatisfactory verdict, If it were a live conductor broken in the ring i would fail it but tempted to put it down as a C3, anybody think of a reason why i couldnt?

cheers

C2, IMO. you are relying on a single 1.5mm conductor to withstand PEFC rather than 2 . that, in my mind, is a potential danger.

Guaranteed the nail to hang the picture will hit the cable with the broken/damaged CPC.

I've inspected 70 % of the sockets Trev and found nothing, the house is a tip because of renovation work and I cant access the other 30%, bless the landlady is a little Indian lady and I can see me having a nightmare explaining the whole reason why its not good as explained above!

Last weeks was just to freaky......to complicated for a simpleton like me.

I was thinking...

If i measured the fault current to earth at each socket on the circuit, took the highest reading and then used it in the Adiabatic equation, could I then see if the 1.5mm could handle it?, providing I dont find the break of course?

Last weeks was just to freaky......to complicated for a simpleton like me.

I was thinking...

If i measured the fault current to earth at each socket on the circuit, took the highest reading and then used it in the Adiabatic equation, could I then see if the 1.5mm could handle it?, providing I dont find the break of course?

Why are you bothering with adiabatic equations whilst doing a PIR ?
Youre there to report faults as found , not redesign around a defect just to get a pass on the cert.
Its code 2 till repaired , end of.

Why dont you split the ring at the db and at a socket you think is in the middle of the circuit then get your long lead out and start from there

Reply to Unsatisfactory EICR - ring r2 broken? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net