Discuss unskilled wannabee electrician in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nicsin02

as the title suggests i am a unskilled wannabee electrician, i am starting a job 2morro wiring a socket ring in a house,

1. is it ok if i wire the sockets (8 x scockets) in pvc plumbers pipe?
2. how many amps can a plumbers pipe take before melting?
3. jim the painter showed me how to take all the colour of the end of the cables and it shows the wee shinney cooper bit, what tool do i nedd for this?
4. just to confirm brown is earth, green-yellow is live and blue is neutrons?

many thanks for all your comments

as the title suggests i am a unskilled wannabee electrician, i am starting a job 2morro wiring a socket ring in a house,

3. jim the painter showed me how to take all the colour of the end of the cables and it shows the wee shinney cooper bit, what tool do i nedd for this?

haha your really asking for a slating now :p :p :p :p

just wait ! lol

- - - Updated - - -

This got to be a wind-up!!!! For god sake dont tough anything and get a proper sparks in before you kill yourself or worse someone else!!!

haha !

This has got to be a wind up if not then I would advise you to get a sparks in and ask if you can help and learn from him then look for some proper training this stuff can kill you or the house holder.

For god sake dont tough anything and get a proper sparks in before you kill yourself or worse someone else!!!

I would advise you to get a sparks in and ask if you can help and learn from him then look for some proper training this stuff can kill you or the house holder.

Haha, the words hook, line and sinker spring to mind. Only kidding ;) I'm sure you both know this is a complete wind up :D

Credit to the OP :D I was ****ing my y-fronts when I read this!!!

Fairplay, it's nice to see you have a sense humour still after the slating you received yesterday ;)

For anyone wondering just check back through OP's previous posts.

Made me laugh my arse off reading that:thumbsup

He did say earlier that he wouldn't ask any more questions, but there are 4 straight off the bat!!!

Hope this is friendly banter and not sour grapes :)

Welcome to the friendly sparkie forum, home of good banter, bacon sandwiches and all things warm and wet.
Please accept my replies in good faith its from 1000 years experience and my blood line invented electricity.

1. Pipe is fine, best leave a little gap before the socket to help show it really is wired up.
2. Well quite alot really, best bet is keep adding load until it starts to run down the wall, then just back it off a bit.
3. As the painter is there you can use his paper scrapper, failing that the edge of a brick will do.
4. Close enough.... as long as you get all three in different holes it will mostly work. BTW blue is not neutrons, cannot remember what it is now but it used to be black , i think its an alternative earth if the brown wire is missing.

Good Luck :)

1. Yeah
2. Ask you plumber, he'll tell ya
3. A paint stripper
4. Correct, earth as soul is brown
5. Wrong, neutrons are red

All looks good to me.
This work is notifiable though, so you will need to be registered with a scam to prove your incompetence.
Otherwise the Part P gestapo will be on your case.

Reply to unskilled wannabee electrician in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock