Discuss Unused double 20 amps breaker in my old 1 bedroom appartment? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

giotrader

DIY
Reaction score
Hi I have a 1 bedroom appartment from 1954.
I opened my breaker box to find out what the extra double 20 amp was used for and I realized that it's disconnected.
15 amp goes for the lighting and the plug 120V outlets of the appartment.
20 amp the whole kitchen
double 20 amp is the hot water
40 amp is the oven
another double 20 amps disconnected, one loose wire isolated with marettes.
The heating is not part of the box as it's central for the building.
I do not have washer/dryer.
What could this unused double 20 amp could be? Is it something from the past that used to require 2X2X20amps? I am really scratching my head.

Attachments

• Unused double 20 amps breaker in my old 1 bedroom appartment? 6685 boite breaker - EletriciansForums.net
    6685 boite breaker.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 11
What could this unused double 20 amp could be?
"What could this unused double 20 amp could be?"

^ In my situation a few short years ago, the two 20 amp breakers used to serve an electric hot water heater. When the heater was changed for a new natural gas one, the two breakers stayed in the panel box, albeit disconnected.

Reply to Unused double 20 amps breaker in my old 1 bedroom appartment? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock