Discuss Update and many thanks to Solarplants.org.uk and Solar Edge. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jevban

-
Reaction score
As you will all remember, I had a long standing issue with a Company from Manchester who I took through the RECC and NICEIC processes, won the case at each stage and had the award confirmed in the High Court. Sheriffs were instructed but the MD lied to them, was proven by the Enforcement Agents of the Sheriffs to be lying to them, but in between visits, managed to move all his stock and produced invoices not related to the company that owed me. With a badly damaged roof and a system that 18 months in has still only generated just over 2000 kw, and unable to claim via QANW insurances or NICEICs Platinum Promise, I'm not ashamed to say that I threw myself on the mercy of Solar Edge UK. I wrote to Daniel Huber and Simon Fry of Solar Edge UK who have gifted me a system and then put me in touch with Daniel Crossland of Solarplants.org.uk who, has sent men up from South West England/Wales, at his expense, to replace the inverter and optimizers given by Solar Edge. They are here now, in the wind and cold, working. I cannot tell you how much this means to me and my family and if this is deemed to be advertising, then please forgive. I was quick to condemn and name and shame, so feel that I must praise and let you all know of the kind of men that really are representative of your trade. To all of you who have offered advice and support, been frustrated at what seemed to be inaction on my part, I want to thank you. Phil, Leeds Solar, men off Heat My Home forum, do I think deserve to be updated. What can I say? All the way through this, I have maintained my belief in Solar and have talked numerous people into it. There are very skilled and knowledgeable men out there and you all know who you are...too many to mention. Thank you all. Thankyou Solarplants.Org.UK and thankyou to Solar Edge UK.

Last edited:
Hi Whinmoor. I have, albeit slowly, done everything advised. I could not afford to make him insolvent and to be fair to the Sheriffs, they told me so would not get any money back as a result and would be doing him a favour. As he won't go insolvent, just moved his trading base, QANW would not help out, even with my roof. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to these 2 companies and to every one of you men on here and other forums who have taken the time to offer me good advice and share your knowledge .

Thankyou again.

Maybe you can come up with a better thread title and I'll change it for you. When I first saw the thread I read it that the poor installation was done by Solarplants and Solaredge whereas they're actually the good guys.

Sorry Marvo...numpty time again....yes..they are the good guys. Do you want to change it for me please? Solar Edge and Solar plants are definitely the good guys!!

Hi yes, I have just read it and it does need amending ...it needs to be solar plants.org.UK and Solar Edge to the rescue after very poor install by previous company. Or similar. I appreciate your help. Being written from my phone, no excuse for cocking it up though!

So what happened with these so called warranties the likes of NICEIC (and MCS or whoever) bandy about as in having confidence in their members etc??

Is this NICEIC member still on NICEIC's books as a competent person, if not can he easily become a member of other so-called schemes or solar install regulatory bodies? Methinks, this guy will just carry on trading without any interference from anyone. Always said the Law in the UK is a complete ---, you have to be bloody unlucky to actually have to pay for any crap work you are responsible for!!

Hello Engineer 54. Niceic took him off their books. He is now installing using his old electrician from Napit to sign the work off. The warranties are not worth a carrot. MCS told me that I could not claim on their insurance as because he was no longer registered, they had no responsibility. I stated that he was registered and on their list of competent installers at the time of the install, but they were disinterested. QANW needs him to cease trading and he is still showing as active. Niceic would not allow a claim on their platinum promise as I elected for uninstall. Snookered by the agencies you lads pay a fortune to.

Solar savings, there are far more good guys than the 1% bad. I am grateful beyond measure to both companies and to all who have advised and supported me when I was so stressed I was a bumbling wreck. The regulators are not amongst the helpers. As a group, you engineers and electricians , roofers etc must be able to self regulate more effectively than the agencies who seem to me to be nothing more than a revenue stream for themselves

time to go to the press local & national & get them involved now it is all over NAME & Shame put it out there that they have no teeth & it should be addressed we all pay an awful lot of money to these lot & they should show good faith to you & to those that pay them to police it.

Marc8 , I have copied all at Recc, Niceic , MCS my MP, Ed Davey, minister for energy, Amber Rudd, Under Secretary and everyone and anyone I could think of each time I have written. I have pestered the life out of them and pushed and pushed. I have had quite harsh emails with broken record type phrases in them, giving me chapter and verse about their responsibilities and limitations to those. All agencies with insurances that could and should have helped me, or taken up the case for me and sorted it, have used reasons like 'no longer registered, not our problem', it does not matter they were registered and approved at the time of the install.

You men must be able to lobby to set up your own scheme to protect the customers and also installers who may fall foul of bad customers. I know full well I must have come across as the customer from hell, but at each stage of this, I have been vindicated. Now to sort the roof. The lads today have fixed where they have fit the panels, thank God. So professional and courteous, but, the rest of my roof where Eurosolar walked all over it without any scaffolding, looks, and I quote, ' like a bunch of wallabies have jumped all over it' .

Thank you
Jan

Last edited:

Reply to Update and many thanks to Solarplants.org.uk and Solar Edge. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net