Discuss Upgrading the forum, things might be a bit slow for a bit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Where are the smiley's? I love the smiley's!
I click on the 3 vertical dots which brings up a smiley face option, I click on the smiley and it just brings up search bar.
I NEED TO SMILE AT PEOPLE :)

If you are using a PC you can right click on the text field and it brings up a list. Emoji being at the top of the list. You can use this until the 'Smilies' is fixed. ?❤

If you are using a PC you can right click on the text field and it brings up a list. Emoji being at the top of the list. You can use this until the 'Smilies' is fixed. ?❤
going to try that now. where is this text fiend? can't finf it.

going to try that now. where is this text fiend? can't finf it.

I meant 'the reply field' mate.
Just right click in the area where you rely to posts. Has to be in the bit where it says 'Write a reply here, be nice though'

I meant 'the reply field' mate.
Just right click in the area where you rely to posts. Has to be in the bit where it says 'Write a reply here, be nice though'

don't work. all i get is a menu to undo, redo .copy paste etc. half of them greyed out.

don't work. all i get is a menu to undo, redo .copy paste etc. half of them greyed out.

I have Emoji at the top of this list.

Can also get the emoji up by pressing the Windows & Full Stop keys together.

I have Emoji at the top of this list.

Can also get the emoji up by pressing the Windows & Full Stop keys together.
that don't work either i press the windoze and full sto and all i get is full stop..........see.

Rate, we're nearly there. The text editor is screwed up but I can fix that. I'm going to get a munch now will be back later to carry on debugging. :)
Hi Dan. Just to add to your bug list. Underline seems to be missing.

SOMEHOW GOT THE ABOVE presswed widoze and stop, nothing. ctrl + stop.nothingrandom banging of keys i never used got a emoji i don't want. arrrghh. bloody computers, spawn of aSatan.

SOMEHOW GOT THE ABOVE presswed widoze and stop, nothing. ctrl + stop.nothingrandom banging of keys i never used got a emoji i don't want. arrrghh. bloody computers, spawn of aSatan.
I got all the emojis up.... I click on them..... and they disappear. thumbs down, unhappy face

Now I can get them if I put them in a quote!

@telectrix click the three dots in the text area and you get another menu.

Upgrading the forum, things might be a bit slow for a bit smiliesinmoremenu.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

If it doesn't work for you that way, hold your phone/device in landscape view (side on) and reload the page and they should appear.

If they only appear for you in that layout, I can swap around some buttons and make smilies more of a priority.

I know a post can sound arsey when it's missing a smilie that was intended to be at the end etc.

Rate, I've put the smilie button everywhere on every screen size and shape and device lol

Should be able find that before many other much more needed buttons, but who cares as long as we have a smilie or two to brighten up our non-bold or italicised paragraphs that are all aligned to the left and in font style Verdana and size 10pts lol :D :D :D :D :D

so i click in the 3 dots, then i click on smileys, and it comes up with "search" with no options.

so i click in the 3 dots, then i click on smileys, and it comes up with "search" with no options.
Can you screen shot the text area mate? Is there a cog showing? if there is, click that the menu should come back.

If not, what device are you using?

Search for the word "laughing" just to get some pop up for you. It might be your device isn't compatible with our new smilies system and if that's the case I think I can get it working for you.

Can you screen shot the text area mate? Is there a cog showing? if there is, click that the menu should come back.

If not, what device are you using?

Search for the word "laughing" just to get some pop up for you. It might be your device isn't compatible with our new smilies system and if that's the case I think I can get it working for you
across top i get, B, I ,,smiley, 3 dots,list, alignment,paragraph format,insert link,insert image, more options, which givea menu, first option is smiley. click on and i just get a search window.

Reply to Upgrading the forum, things might be a bit slow for a bit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock