Discuss Urgent Advice Needed Re Underfloor Heating Thermostat - Floor Sensor Compatability. in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigmondy

Help.

Just opened the the warmup 3iE sensor box - brand spanking new and no bleedin floor sensor and ready to plaster the cables in.

:blush5:

So my dillemma is - I have a spare Aube Under Floor Heating Thermostat TH132-F-230 - would the sensor from that be ok to use with the warmup heating mat - ists 150wm2 and I am laying 3sq m?

To summarise:

thermostat I have to install with no sensor is this one: Warmup | 3iE

is it compatable with the floor sensor from this one: Aube Technologies

Help?

Thanks guys!

Re: Urgent advice needed re underfloor heating thermostat - floor sensor compatabilit

Can't say for definite, but from a quick look they do appear compatible (though you may loose the Warm-up warranty) and the Aube is rated for 15 rather than 16 amps. I've certainly use the Aube with different mat/cable manufacturers.
Regards

Last edited:
Re: Urgent advice needed re underfloor heating thermostat - floor sensor compatabilit

Thanks Polo1. Appreciate the advice. I wonder if I could just put in the supply cable in and plaster it tonight and just joint the correct cable in when I pick it up probably on Thursday. I will be putting the flexible conduit in on Friday so all I need to finish tonight is the plastering and 1st fix cabling. I can access the sensor cable before it goes in to the wet room from the duct behind it.

Its not an air sensor stat is it? hence no supply of the floor sensor, some stats have a built in air sensor and controller has to be mounted at a specific height

Thanks Polo1. Appreciate the advice. I wonder if I could just put in the supply cable in and plaster it tonight and just joint the correct cable in when I pick it up probably on Thursday. I will be putting the flexible conduit in on Friday so all I need to finish tonight is the plastering and 1st fix cabling. I can access the sensor cable before it goes in to the wet room from the duct behind it.

Not sure I follow what you are proposing..... but was the floor sensor/cable supplied with the mat? Aube from memory uses a two wire sensor and if what you are putting in is a two wire sensor, can't see a problem? Just re-read your post and the current draw from the size of mat being installed is well within limits for the Aube.

Edit - just looked at the Warmup instructions and it appears to be a two wire sensor too, so think you're good to go.

Not sure I follow what you are proposing..... but was the floor sensor/cable supplied with the mat? Aube from memory uses a two wire sensor and if what you are putting in is a two wire sensor, can't see a problem? Just re-read your post and the current draw from the size of mat being installed is well within limits for the Aube.

Edit - just looked at the Warmup instructions and it appears to be a two wire sensor too, so think you're good to go.

You Sir are exactly the reason I keep on visiting this site. Willing to help, advise and commit to a recommendation.

Cannnot thank you enough.

NB: The 3iE is both air and floor sensing - plus you can fit an outside sensor if you want to average out the settings.... it came in a box that said it had: the flexi-duct - the sensor and the thermostat. Sadly I was missing the sensor in mine (and it was sealed in the box from the supplier - who will be receiving both barrels from me very soon).

Anyway - Polo1 came to the rescue.

Reply to Urgent Advice Needed Re Underfloor Heating Thermostat - Floor Sensor Compatability. in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net