Discuss URGENT EON - not long excepting non EON customers FIT in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

finchy

Cant believe it one of my customers has contacted me in a state of shock after submitting his EON fit on Friday, EON has come back to him to say they are only excepting EON FIT applications from existing EON customers.

I guess there is time for my customer to reapply but with the deadline looming please be careful !!!!!!!!!!

Can they legally do that ....!? shows the Big 6's distaste for Solar.

I thought they had stopped in December last year. I'm putting everything through Good Energy now based on everyone else's recommendations. Been waiting 4.5 hours now for certificate though :-(

I have just completed the BG Fit form for them, funny the customer doesnt need to sign it so will send it now as I have his id !

Apparently Good Energy have won awards for customer service, and I have dealt with them on many occasions now, not just with FIT's, and I can not fault them.
Everything in this industry appears to be so difficult, so the last thing you need is to wade through all the c**p only to find there is a problem with the all important registering of the FIT.
Stuff the BIG 6 they have been no use to us at all.

Can they legally do that ....!? shows the Big 6's distaste for Solar.

Not quite, no.

The guidance to electricity suppliers (Feed-in Tariff Scheme: Guidance for Licensed Electricity Suppliers Version 2 - More Document Information) states that

"2.13. A mandatory FIT licensee is obligated, when approached, to register and make FIT payments to:
Its own electricity supply customers
An electricity supply customer of a licensed electricity supplier who is not a mandatory FIT licensee
A generator with an eligible installation on a site situated off grid.
2.14. Notwithstanding its obligation, a mandatory FIT licensee is free to register and make FIT payments to any eligible generator it chooses to offer FIT services to."

You can see the list of mandatory and voluntary FIT licensees at Registered Feed-in Tariff licensed suppliers E-ON is listed as a mandatory licensee.

So E-ON cannot just accept only E-ON customers but they can turn away customers of the other mandatory licensees (e.g. of the other Big 6).

So E-ON cannot just accept only E-ON customers but they can turn away customers of the other mandatory licensees (e.g. of the other Big 6).

And from EON's website:

Which is why as of the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] November 2011 if you are not an E.ON electricity customer and your current electricity supplier is a registered FIT supplier, we will no longer offer you our Feed-in Tariff service. A FIT registered electricity supplier is obliged to pay you your FIT tariff if you are their electricity customer and you may receive a more efficient service as you are already their energy customer.

And from EON's website:

Which is why as of the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] November 2011 if you are not an E.ON electricity customer and your current electricity supplier is a registered FIT supplier, we will no longer offer you our Feed-in Tariff service. A FIT registered electricity supplier is obliged to pay you your FIT tariff if you are their electricity customer and you may receive a more efficient service as you are already their energy customer.

I think that may need reporting to OFGEM. If your current electricity is from a registered FIT supplier who is a Voluntary FIT Licensee, then E.ON cannot refuse your application on that basis.

finchy, who was the electricity supplier for your customer that E.ON refused (not that its worth arguing the ---- with E.ON this close to the deadline)?

BRitish Gas ! I have sorted it now and called BG to confirm everything is ok !

Another point which has now changed is they need proof the invoice has been paid (not just ownership). So I had to send a final statement of account. This is nuts how can we commission a system help the customer fill the form in Register with MCS recieve full payment ensure the funds have cleared, issue a invoice and final statment with Nil outstanding, within 5 days!!. Its crazy !!!

She was saying alot of the other Energy suppliers are only accepting Applications from there own customers. Surely they need to change the FIT forms so its clear its only for existing customers !!!

Guys get your customers to double check....I'm sure Greg has been meddaling with the Energy Suppliers !!!

Its all nuts..some companys dont ask for proof of ownership and some do...???..I think they like to see what people are paying so they can report back to... Greg...

All they are entitled to ask for is 'proof of ownership'.

If you send an invoice (marked as 'paid in full') then you are quite entitled to blank out any amounts on it.

This is from the OFGEM guidelines to suppliers:

Ownership checks
3.43. FIT licensees are also responsible for establishing that a FIT applicant is the owner of the eligible installation. FIT licensees are required to obtain documented evidence that shows the relationship between the owner and the eligible installation such as:

A receipt or other documentation stating ownership, or the transfer of ownership from the previously stated owner (invoices may be accepted if the values are redacted to protect commercial interest)

A copy of the sale and purchase agreement transferring ownership from one party to another as part of a property sale, or equivalent documentation.

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainability/Environment/fits/Info/Documents1/FIT Supplier Guidance V2.pdf

Reply to URGENT EON - not long excepting non EON customers FIT in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net