• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Urgent help needed

Discuss Urgent help needed in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KillerKlown

Hi, I've just done my PAT testing course and have a urgent question. I'm doing the PAT testing for my firm. In the course we kind of drifted over class 3 items as it is very rare you'll come accross them. Typically, one of the sets of scales we have at work is a class 3. I have two PAT testers, one is a Robin Smartpat 5000, and the other is a Martindale hpat 600. Neither of these have a class 3 function. What do I do about this class 3 item? Any help would be grately recieved.

Q

QSGAZ

A Class III appliance is designed to be supplied from a separated/safety extra-low voltage (SELV) power source. The voltage from a SELV supply is low enough that under normal conditions a person can safely come into contact with it without risk of electrical shock. The extra safety features built into Class I and Class II appliances are therefore not required. For medical devices compliance with Class III is not considered sufficient protection. Basically do a visual and that will be ok.

K

KillerKlown

Thanks my man. I have a printer and a scanner that has a ac apadtor and a old stero type connection, rounded/rectangled with two holes, like the old stereos/video players use etc. How do I test them? I only have a IEC point on my testers, and my mind has gone blank!

M

MarkieSparkie

Thanks my man. I have a printer and a scanner that has a ac apadtor and a old stero type connection, rounded/rectangled with two holes, like the old stereos/video players use etc. How do I test them? I only have a IEC point on my testers, and my mind has gone blank!
Adaptors are available for PAT testing IEC 60320 C1/C2 non-polarised or C7/C8 polarised (female outlet/male inlet) connector combinations.
Note, a C7 adaptor will fit C1 and C8 will fit C2 so only one set of adaptor are required for either combination.

NEW PAT KIT 3 IEC ADAPTOR SET C13 TO C6 C14-C7 C14-C5 PORTABLE APPLIANCE TESTING | eBay

K

KAMAG

Thank you very much Markie for the adapter link i have just bought a set. i usually make any adapters up i need and this could save me a faf on.
Cheers KAMAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]