Discuss Urgent Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

momeebuilder

Hi,,

Well I have few quistions Regarding test results with Fluke 1653.

1. Insulation Test Results for new ring L-N 500M Ohms L-PE 500M Ohms

Are these result normal, 500M Ohms quit high resistance?

2. Test Result PSC 887A and PFC 742A.

3. Functional Testing RCD 30mA.

X 1/2 NO Trip and reading appear 2000mS
x1 trip and reading appear 37.1mS

How do i record them on form?

Any Help or explanation will be grateful...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,,

Well I have few quistions Regarding test results with Fluke 1653.

1. Insulation Test Results for new ring L-N 500M Ohms L-PE 500M Ohms

Are these result normal, 500M Ohms quit high resistance?

2. Test Result PSC 887A and PFC 742A.

which one shall i record on the certificate and how,, beacuse on form it's says _________kA.

3. Functional Testing RCD 30mA.

Any Help or explanation will be grateful...

1. the fluke i think only measures up to 500Mohm so thats fine.

2. You record the higer of the 2, which in this case is 887/ 0.88kA.

3. not sure about 2000ms. Does it trip with this reading? Either way it shouldn't trip at all with only 15mA test current, which is what 1/2 is. x1 is fine as you have up to 200ms.

Hi,,

It most likely says >2000ms.
It only tests it for 2 seconds then stops.
The RCD should not trip out in this test.

37.1ms.

Thats it.

You should get a reading to record on your test results with each type of test, and that is what you record.

However, on the 1/2 test it wont trip and therefore maybe shows a reading greater than (>) 2000ms.

Not familiar with the multi testers im afraid!

I'm not sure I follow you momeebuilder, 37.1ms is the result of your test. Thats how you read it, it took 37.1 ms for the rcd to trip at 30ma. If it took 200ms it would read that and the same for 300ms.

Not sure you should even be testing......understanding and interpreting the results is absolutely necessary....if you are struggling with the units and have no idea of the limits I fail to see why you are doing the testing in the first place....

Well practice makes man perfect. :)
No one born with skills.;)
I am student and learning some practical skills at my home..:rolleyes:
Filing out some copied forms...:eek:
All I need help to do things right...:(
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should consider doing a recognised course......not sure I would be messing about with electricity without some decent level of knowledge.....

Reply to Urgent Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock