Discuss USA voltage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iD1985

Hi everyone, I'm off to Florida next week & need to check if things will work when plugged in. I know the voltage is different but I'm assuming things will still work or you couldn't get an adaptor? Any info you've got would be really helpful.
Thanks Ian

mate, you're going on holiday. speaking from experience the resorts and hotels in Florida will have hair dryers. If you're a bloke you can wet shave.
enjoy the holiday and don't worry about stuff working or not

I was thinking more of a phone charger than a hairdryer. I just use a towel lol

It's an iPhone charger, I'm not sure if it works on 110v. Yeah trev, I'm taking it. It's full of music & books to keep me busy on the way

That's ok then. You'd better not be taking it to keep in touch with work mind! there'll be trouble if that's the real reason!
:)
buy a travel charger and the jobs a goodun mate, you can get them all over the place.

Hell no. As soon as I've got Friday out of the way I'm not thinking about work for 2 weeks. Thanks for all the comments anyway guys

Is it not a new iphone charger where you swap the pins on the plug? slide the UK ones out and USA one in...

Anyway it will work, most of the items people normally take on holiday will work. Chargers, hair dryer, straighteners, music players etc etc. There just not as powerful. You just need the converter.

If your hiring a car just charge it in that,but in all honesty there's a wal-mart about 15 mins from I-drive and their literally a few $ there mate.
also there's electrical supplies and Walgreens all over Florida which are cheap as chips.
Its 110v 60hz and your phone will charge fine on your uk charger but it's always handy to have the extra chargers,ours never go to waste.

Walgreens at the end of I drive is a pretty handy place. If you accidentally park at the back of it (like I did) you'll see George's Music. One of the best guitar shops I've ever been in, I ghot my takemine there for half the price it would have been in the UK

I had to put it in the hold as luggage but by the looks of it it's a common thing as there were 3 or 4 guys with guitars on our flight. I was going to tell the customs guy I'd taken it out with me but there were no questions asked at all. Mind you it was 5 AM when we got back to Blighty.
The service in George's was second to none and the guitars are half the UK price. So everyone wins, Next time we go over I've got my eye on a very nice flame mable Ibanez :)

Take a 110v site transformer, but put it in your hand luggage, hand luggage isn't weighed. Dont sit under the overhead bin that you put it in though just in case it falls out !!:grin:

Many new phones and other electronic devices will charge from a USB port so you just need to take the cable and not the plug-in charger..

Reply to USA voltage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock