Discuss USB charging port problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've got an issue with my usb charging port in camper. It lit up and when the phone is connected it shows itself as charging but it's not. It's not the lead, it's not the port either as we have tried another. What could it be? Its worked perfectly for 2 months until we charged Kindle on it whilst playing audio file. Also, is it necessary to disconnect leisure batt when playing about with wiring?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-200329_Chrome.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 13
I'm slightly confused her...you say you have a problem with the port...then say it's not the lead, and it's not the port because you tried another?
So, is it the phone?
Yes, you should disconnect the battery when fiddling about with wiring. Accidental shorts are commonplace and can cause serious damage to sensitive equipment.

Batteries store large amounts of energy and make pretty blue flashes and loud bangs when you short them out. Although these unexpected light shows look nice they can cause blindness and severe burns and there's also a good chance you will set fire to your camper.

In short disconnect your battery before working on your electrical system.

Batteries store large amounts of energy and make pretty blue flashes and loud bangs when you short them out. Although these unexpected light shows look nice they can cause blindness and severe burns and there's also a good chance you will set fire to your camper.

In short disconnect your battery before working on your electrical system.

Some people have no sense of adventure!

Thanks guys for you feedback. Problem is solved. It was the earth. It wasn't connected very well and was connected to a painted rivet. As a result the USB had enough of a connection to light up but not enough to charge. All sorted!

Thanks guys for you feedback. Problem is solved. It was the earth. It wasn't connected very well and was connected to a painted rivet. As a result the USB had enough of a connection to light up but not enough to charge. All sorted!

Nice one, thanks for letting us know.

Reply to USB charging port problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net