Discuss USB Socket WITHOUT Mains socket in Bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All.

Advice required/regulations on installing a single USB socket without mains socket - see attached picture, in a bathroom.

Any thoughts/responses or ideas will be kindly appreciated.

Kind Regards.
Jag.

Click USB Socket.jpg

extension lead
You know that was at the back of my mind, I think you are right. However...people will be tempted to get a lead and charge up while having a soak just because it is there. I can't help worrying about that especially about a proper isolating transformer to BS61558

Are we getting worse as a nation or was there always a section of society bereft of any common sense? I bet this plonka would have been one of the idiots driving round with said phone clapped to his ear.

Just had a quick look on manufacturers website. No mention of isolating transformer.
But it does say MM515 is internally fused, tested to withstand at least 8kV surges. It may therefore be connected directly to a standard ring main with the addition of a FCU.
I certainly would not fit one of these in a bathroom.. why would you??

@sparksburnout is back. Yay!
Man, there have been some right gaff spellings and punctuations and we've done our best at chastising the offenders but now you are back . . . Let the lashings begin!
(Unless of course you are under licence and your parole officer has to read all of your posts first?)

@sparksburnout is back. Yay!
Man, there have been some right gaff spellings and punctuations and we've done our best at chastising the offenders but now you are back . . . Let the lashings begin!
(Unless of course you are under licence and your parole officer has to read all of your posts first?)
Nope, I'm a reformed character. No lashings or criticism. Obviously poor grammar and sloppy sentence construction will be commented on now and again.

Glad your back burnsy! You we're missed - but there's no need to worry now!

seeing as how spartsb is being reticent, I corrected that for you.

Reply to USB Socket WITHOUT Mains socket in Bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net