Discuss USB Sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dizzy_Maskell

Guys,

Looking at getting couple of these new Double socket outlet with built in USB device,
Has anyone used them or can recommend a decent one.
Also what size back box do you need will it fit easily into a 25mm box,

Cheers guys

Not used the doubles with the usb's built in but if they are as bulky as the mk etc USB charging points you want a 35mm box if not a 47mm just to allow that little more space

I've seen a cheap one of these and I wouldn't fit it. Can't see what's wrong with just plugging a charger in like normal anyway. At least when it packs up the customer can just get another one - better than having to get an electrician out. Daz

Lots of things have USB sockets on the front to use as charging points anyway. Computers, games consoles, DVD/bluray players, TVs etc. Mush easier to just use those.
The ESC report is quite an eye opener, lot's of crap to beware of. Same goes for cheap plug in chargers though.

I was looking at them in eddies the other week, the mk one, I didn't think it looked that great, it would be better if it didn't sit in a slight recess and was just like a blanking plate with two holes in.

Reply to USB Sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I am looking for some advice re: putting new sockets and usb sockets in my home. Someone will be rewiring the entire house but I have...
Replies
Views
Looking to fit a USB-C PD wall socket for charging / using a laptop - so I was hoping to find one that supported 90W or higher charging, though...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
Just wondering what folks think about in terms of 13A sockets with built-in USB charges, what are the good/bad/ugly of choices? I could do with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock