Discuss Use of an RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Customer will not go for reinstalling cable be it a new sub main or an additional cpc.
As we know cpc is too small. What options do I have other than walk away?
Could really do with the work! Can i do CU change & upgrade & then put that circuit back on a 50 amp MCB & make a note on cert of the situation. I could put it on RCD side of split way main CU & then at least although the cable doesn't comply it & its sub circuits have additional rcd protection. Looked further into loft & its confirmed to be used by guests staying over & it is literally a room with a shower room, far from a self contained flat.
100amp main switch with 3 mcbs, 50 for shower, 32 for ring & 6 for lights.
Shower is only a 8.5kw so could reduce 50 to a 40. Realistically the load from that board is never gona get anywhere near the 50amp mcb i will put it on, shower ramped up maximum drawing full 40 amps all lights on & 3 twin sockets, which will have nothing more than a tv/dvd player plugged in & sockets realistically wont be on whilst shower in use. I know this doesn't comply & is in correct I am just trying to see if there is anyway I can do the job & note the bits that don't comply on cert. Any work Iv done /will do will comply other than the fact i have transferred the 16mm into new CU.

at the end of the day, BS7671 IS NOT STATUTORY. if you make the installation safer than it was and leave it with the same level of safety as if you had complied with BS7671. then that's the best you can do. just make sure it's all documented, and that the customer refuses extra works as advised by you.

You cant get better advice imho then tels above,if i was in your boat id do the same,do the work they want to pay for and test/cert etc and note down on the cert which part of the existing install that you have not touched but customer not willing to have extra works to bring it upto 17th edition,I have had a similar situation,we cant force people to have work done,give your sceme provider a call and see what they say.If we correctly fill out the comments box then we cover our own backsides.

Reply to Use of an RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock