Discuss Using a landline to control the heating system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lofty

Hi All,
I've had a request from a customer who is 'remodeling' his house and wants to be able to remotely control the heating from his mobile to a LANDLINE connection, now it has to be a landline as the house is is a 'dead zone' for mobiles.

I've seen a couple of systems on the net but these both used a 'sim' card and so would not be suitable, i.e. mobile to mobile and thus would not work.
Has anyone fitted such a system that uses a landline or come across one ?.

A possible system may be one marketed by 'Passivsystems' which has it's own App for the iPhone and I think connects via a broadband connection.

Cheers,
Lofty.

ive helped a mate do this before using an intruder alarm communicator. the client wanted to be able to turn his heating on remotely on the way to his holiday home

Hi Lofty,
I could supply a Coster system for remote access to the heating system using mobile phone connected to a laptop or PC through blue tooth that would give the control you require:

1 – XCO 428 Two zone time switch....................£164.34

1 – ACB 400 C-bus communication module...........£ 47.33

1 – MPD 612 Site modem...................................£ FOC
1 – SWC 701 Operating software........................£ FOC

Hi cstewart37,
Many thanks for that info.

Will be talking to the customer or his site foreman later this week.

Cheers,
Lofty

If your client is on Vodafone and has broadband, he can buy a Vodafone Sure Signal which is basically a small cell in your house which converts mobile transmissions to VoIP down the broadband back to Vodafone.

We live in a crxp mobile area, bought one for ourselves recently, and can now make and receive mobile calls at home!

Funny you should mention Passivsystems, I've just been in a meeting with one of their reps.

They do a smart boiler control unit for a bit over £300 and there's an annual fee for the customer but i don't think it's much.

Hell of a lot easier to install than a landline system.

Reply to Using a landline to control the heating system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net