Discuss Using DIN rail mounted connectors to extend cables to new CU in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tony Way

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all.

A while back, someone said that they had used an enclusure with a DIN rail to mount connectors because they needed to extend circuits to reach a new CU position.

I need to do something similar and this is the first time I've tried it. Could you point me in the right direction for connectors as there seems to be a massive range and I've now confused the hell out of myself.:confused:

Many thanks

Tony

I have had to do this once before, I wouldn't worry about what connectors, the only thing to consider is obviously the current rating as DIN rails are a standard size, and that enclosure is big enough to fit them all in. I would imagine any decent wholesalers would have them.

3 one per core lets say you have a 6 way cu with 1 cooker 2 rings 1 immersion 2 lights
then you need
1 length of rail
2 6mm and 1 2.5mm for cooker
10 2.5mm and 5 1.5 for rings and immersion
6 1.5 for lights
so 24 in total
also to stop ends
1 blank and a 6x6x4 metal box to put them all in

They are only say 4 to 5 mm wide each, maybe less so thats 30cm total then you can always have two rows

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Using DIN rail mounted connectors to extend cables to new CU in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm not a spark but know enough to be able to install off grid solar etc. I've just purchased a new house and have noticed the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I purchased a Time twin strand bell cable with a rating of 12-30V, 2A, low voltage, not for mains use. I wish to use this for installing our...
Replies
Views
I thought I took a photo earlier but seemingly not. Someone's fitted a joint box to move a consumer unit. It's a refreshingly neat job. Din rail...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock