Discuss Using Hager J804 to wire two lights controlled by one switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m replacing the two lights in my living room (both ceiling rose pendants) with flush fit lights, so was looking at using the Hager J804 junction box (I have access under the floor above light fittings). Both lights are operate by a single switch. The ceiling rose has no Loop out. My question is can I wire the J804 as i’ve drawn, with two light cables coming out of the junction box? Or can I only wire one light cable from the junction box? Also should I use flex running from the junction box to the light fittings as opposed to T&E? The second light fitting is about 2m away from the first light fitting where the junction box will be.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

Josh

4CC9DEBF-2516-451D-84D4-98CAE8C127AA.jpeg

It would work and be compliant, but use brown sleeving and not brown tape on the switched line, the identifier should not be readily removable.
Flex is acceptable but slightly more inconvenient to terminate in the junction box, but no real problems.

Thank you for your reply’s, really helpful. I’ll get some brown sleeving.

So is it compliant to use T&E from the junction box to the light fitting? Or is heat resistant flex the best option?

I would personally use flex it will be easier to connect, that junction box allows termination but you may need a bit of pressure to open the terminal.

Reply to Using Hager J804 to wire two lights controlled by one switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, super basic question: For a room layout like this, with my understanding that a lighting circuit downlight radial goes from one point to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi, I do basic electrical DIY like changing light fittings and have got a light to put up that only has a fly earth and no flex earth (see pic)...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I am adding a light fixture in a room I am restoring in my 160 yo house. I have ran a new 12-2 w/ground wire from the ceiling box to a junction...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock