Discuss Using low voltage lamps and Selv power supplies in domestic livghting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have a ceiling rose which doesn't have an earth wire and I want to connect a light fitting which requires an earth connection.
It's not possible to rewire the ceiling rose at the moment so I am considering the possibility of using a low voltage (12 - 85 volt DC) E27 led lamp connected to a suitable double insulated SELV led driver power supply unit.
It's quite a few years since I worked as an electrician and I'm not sure if this arrangement would be in keeping with current regulations.
I would be interested to hear any views.

Reply to Using low voltage lamps and Selv power supplies in domestic livghting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning All Got little bit situation going on, causing multiple visits (luckily only 2 mins drive from where we are.) Client not 100% happy with...
Replies
Views
I have undercabinet lights that are low voltage. They work xenon pucks just fine. I want to convert to low voltage LEDS. Supposedly these are...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Some months ago the transformer feeding my road had a HV phase loss with the result that my house was only getting about 85V. It was interesting...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a light with a ceiling rose in the kitchen. While rectifying some faults in the house I came across to the light and measure Neutral...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock