Discuss V Phase voltage optimisation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Is anyone having requests to fit these units. They're rolling out an ad campaign today in the Granada region to start then the rest of the country.

Just watched a promotional video on you tube and the chap from VPhase tell the presenter that it wouldn't take any longer than an hour to fit. In his other video, showing the install steps, they show a set of tests being done.

How the hell are you supposed to install and test the circuits you've modified in an hour or less. They've only started advertising properly and are already telling the public that it should only take you spark an hour, hence thats all they'll be expecting to pay for installation:rolleyes:

it niggles me when people give times for jobs. i can just imagine trying to fit one in a day on a previous job inside a tiny cupboard under the stairs. only just had enough room for the new board never mind anything else.

Is anyone having requests to fit these units. They're rolling out an ad campaign today in the Granada region to start then the rest of the country.

Just watched a promotional video on you tube and the chap from VPhase tell the presenter that it wouldn't take any longer than an hour to fit. In his other video, showing the install steps, they show a set of tests being done.

How the hell are you supposed to install and test the circuits you've modified in an hour or less. They've only started advertising properly and are already telling the public that it should only take you spark an hour, hence thats all they'll be expecting to pay for installation:rolleyes:

Other than increased lamp life, in a domestic situation with predominantly resistive loads making up the vast majority of total load, what does this device actually achieve and what is the payback period?

I have grave doubts about any savings with gadgets like these,whether it be percieved energy saving, greater lamp life, or other spurious claims
A kettle of water brought to the boil will cost x amount of energy and the factors that can alter that are few, and certainly out of the scope of this gadget

I cant even make good estimates of my own work,always way off what I have in mind
1 hour to fit seems ok
Perhaps another 2 or 3 to see what its worth fitting to

Last edited:
I've only this morning been sent a link to Vphase. Looked through all the you tube vids and their web site. Seems too good to be true. Pay ÂŁ349 and get about 10% saving on your bills. I had a look on the forums search engine on this matter and a lot of questions regarding volt drops, kettles and light bulbs. The point I think we have all missed is all appliances are designed to operate at 220v (with a CE logo, post 1990). At the moment we all run at 237v-245v. If a Vphase unit is used all we are doing is reducing voltage to what the appliance was ment to use hence a saving of the over voltage we have been using all the time. It's not to be used on venerable equipment and as above you have to apply it only on circuits that can use it, sockets and lights. Let's see if this takes off, I think it will with the correct advertising. Any thoughts please post, I may go down the road of installing these.

Couldn't give 2 hoots if its works or is worth it but just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on the installation timescale given in their promo vids

Ps I totally agree with AmpDave and Phil, one hour? May be in a work shop bay, not a cupboard under the stairs plus tests and certs. Also this is a set price. May take 2 hours or 5? Is there enough work to do 2/3 a day, every day every week?

Last edited:
I'm also abit sceptical whether the units are actually true to their claims, however if they are beggining to advertise on TV and the like, I think we will try to jump on the bandwagon early doors and offer these to existing and new customers. May even do a little marketing for them if it's something that starts taking off.

As for the one hour install time, maybe its something we should be bringing up with Vphase as I agree with the majority here that it's off the mark. Takes me an hour to get the tools out of the van :D :D :D :D :D

Well I'm still researching the product but I do admit to being interested in the 'spin off' works such as bonding and consumer unit upgrades that could well develop from an association with VPhase.

Every man has his price.... :)

Reply to V Phase voltage optimisation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock