• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Van for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ll have a look tonight at CAP prices and also how much it would cost for me to have it transported to here, if that’s ok mate and I’ll come back to you?
why not catch a train up and drive the van back. be the longest test drive ever. :D :D

Managed to get through to rbs to ask about my loan:
28 working days just to open the feeder account. Now they know it’s for a BBL then they’ll push it on to 14-15 working days. (It’s been 9 now already)
Then another 4 to 5 working days to process the bbl.

my wife is now suggesting we take out the full 50k. Use some for the van and rest to use as a deposit on a little flat to do up and sell.
this is the same woman that swore never to get into property again after our last attempt.

A woman changing her mind ???
Yeah. What a surprise.
A question for our ladies on the tools, SC and Julie et al....
When you’re buying tools, do you go to one screwdriver shop, have a look, then spend 5 hours walking round every other screwdriver shop, only to return to the first one and buy what you saw 5 hours ago?

;)

Yeah. What a surprise.
A question for our ladies on the tools, SC and Julie et al....
When you’re buying tools, do you go to one screwdriver shop, have a look, then spend 5 hours walking round every other screwdriver shop, only to return to the first one and buy what you saw 5 hours ago?

;)
and if the're aything like Mrs. Tel, get a £40 ticket for overstaying the 3 hour parking limit. ( not only an isolated occurence. she now done it 3 times).

Update.

I sold my van back to the dealer i bought it from. Not what i wanted, but i hadn't had a serious offer from public marketplace.
Been today and picked up the VW Transporter. Same place i met a couple of hundred angry wasps... so that's twice i got stung today... Boom Boom!

Its ply lined, floor and walls. with plastic bulkhead between cab and rear space. Plastic trim on roof, so not possible to fix anything like a stepladder bracket to the inside of the roof.
Will just have to build a shelving unit ad hoc as i need it.

Looking online for a roof bar system just now. Ebay has a 2 or 3 bar product from "Ultibar" which looks ok. Has the slot along the top to fix down my pipe tube.

Bounce back loan. eventually

Follow on from earlier posts about how long its taking to get a BBL from RBS. After waiting 3 weeks for them to open a feeder account, so i have a business account from them.. I applied on the 24th july. Got a confirmation email, but no documentation email which is supposed to come within 24 hours... Tried their online chat robot, then a real person. Ended up phoning them. "Sorry... can you try again"
30th July... Applied again... confirmation email again... but no documents again.
Phoned today and was told "Do you use a BT email address? We've had other people have the same problem.. its down to it being a BT address... Do you have another email you can use?"

Blimey. Could you not have told me that last week!

So, at about 6pm tonight... I applied again using my business email....
Not a thing... no confirmation after an hour (the BT address at least got a confirmation within 60 minutes)
7:30, tried again. 8:30... still nothing at all.

9pm... I go onto my little used googlemail account. Applied again.
Confirmation email within 30 seconds! Documents within 2 minutes.
All filled in, signed and sent back. Fingers crossed

Good thing you finally sorted. Did you check spam folders on your other accounts?
I took one from lloyds couple of months ago, whole process was very quick and easy. Just filled several questions and submit. Email confirmation in minutes and few days after money landed onto account. It loooks like they won't even ask to pay it back ?

Oh yes. Checked my junk folder. First thing they ask me to do on the phone, but I know that anyway....

what do you mean, they ask for it back???:oops:

Update.

I sold my van back to the dealer i bought it from. Not what i wanted, but i hadn't had a serious offer from public marketplace.
Been today and picked up the VW Transporter. Same place i met a couple of hundred angry wasps... so that's twice i got stung today... Boom Boom!

Its ply lined, floor and walls. with plastic bulkhead between cab and rear space. Plastic trim on roof, so not possible to fix anything like a stepladder bracket to the inside of the roof.
Will just have to build a shelving unit ad hoc as i need it.

Looking online for a roof bar system just now. Ebay has a 2 or 3 bar product from "Ultibar" which looks ok. Has the slot along the top to fix down my pipe tube.
Vw Transporters seem to be the go to van for most sparks, along with the transit Custom. personally, I would not buy either when the manufacturers can't even manage to fit the engine the right way round. :(:(:(

Update. Finally got my BBL!

don’t deal with rbs. Online chat bot is useless, phone queues are long and the automated switchBoard had me going round in circles.

last Monday I got email saying it was all agreed, I’d have the funds “within 3 days”
4 days later, I phone them up.... at least 3 times because of their dumb switchboard.

“oh yes.... the funds are in your account”

“Really? Why can’t I access my account on my app?”

“is your business account not already on your app?”

“no. I’ve just opened the account to allow me to get the loan”

“ok let me pass you over to the right department”...... CLICK

“hello..... hello?..... HELLO??!!” “&@?%*+!!”

I ended up sorting it myself.... reregistered for online banking, used my new business acc number, and boom, it’s on my app!

spent more than half of it already.

maybe a couple of new laptops and a printer for the home office??

Reply to Van for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock