Discuss Van Insurance Rip-Off in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
last year my premium was £317. renewal quote ( no claims or anything changed ) £430. thanks but no thanks. visited the meerkat, £217. some difference??????? and get sleepy Oleg to add to collection, winner.

I got to look into mine. Claimed on the car when it got hit by a runaway shopping trolley, and claimed on the van when it ran away and hit a parked lorry trailer.

so does meerkat do OAP discounts? Interesting to know ?

I've not fact-checked this..... but I'm informed that insurances in general are all likely to go up from Jan 1st due to Brexit. Reason being something to do with IPT rates EU/Non-EU and also an assumption of higher costs for the replacement/repair of the things we actually insure.

I've not fact-checked this..... but I'm informed that insurances in general are all likely to go up from Jan 1st due to Brexit. Reason being something to do with IPT rates EU/Non-EU and also an assumption of higher costs for the replacement/repair of the things we actually insure.
doesn't bother me. a few extra squid on insurance is more than compensated for by the total lack of any repair costs incurred over the last 5 years. (apart from tyres and brake pads. it's a Toyota).

Everything is going to get more expensive due to Brexit anyway. Especially in NI we are gonna get shafted. Insurance is a massive scam in a lot of ways. I resent paying my car insurance. :sigh:

Everything is going to get more expensive due to Brexit anyway. Especially in NI we are gonna get shafted. Insurance is a massive scam in a lot of ways. I resent paying my car insurance. :sigh:
Without turning this into a political rant and hi-jacking Tel's post, my 'proper' industry (touring live music) is being properly shafted by Brexit. Last year a European tour would cost no more than flights and trucking, next year it's going to cost pile upon pile of visa paperwork, tax declarations, customs carnets..... which means that realistically it will only be already established acts that will get the chance. Gone are the days of an up-and-coming bunch of musicians piling in the back of a van and driving out to make a name for themselves.

I'm sure these insurance companies just try it on every year and hope you allow them to auto renew the policy at some ridiculous added cost
Moved companies a couple of years ago when I was quoted around £200 more than the best quote I found, as usual I got all the why are you leaving us crap and suggested they read their own small print on the renewal advice which was "this is our best offer and don't bother calling us as it will not be bettered"

last year my premium was £317. renewal quote ( no claims or anything changed ) £430. thanks but no thanks. visited the meerkat, £217. some difference??????? and get sleepy Oleg to add to collection, winner.
Thanks for the reminder Tel ! Mine is due for renewal in a weeks time just had a quote and saved myself £200

Reply to Van Insurance Rip-Off in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net