Discuss Van insurance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fathers transit connect is about £230 with Hastings direct
a
He had a small accident (no claims or money paid anywhere) and Interestingly Admiral charged me £92 because he is a 'higher fix' and his insurance went down £50. Had to add him to my policy as you don't get 3rd party cover on other vehicles with van insurance anymore (as EVERYONE was apparently buying fiesta vans then driving LWB transits)

Admiral also charge over £100 more for parking in a garage than parking in the street ("ugh...ugh...your car is at a higher risk if your house catches fire....")

They must be laughing that nobody regulates the industry

Last edited by a moderator:
hard to beat NFU in my experience.
under the third party extension on your comprehensive insurance you are only covered to drive other vehicles which are registered to someone else and already have their own insurance in place (which doesn't cover you)
As such you can't by a fiesta and then drive a tranny (or a Porsche for that matter!) unless it is someones elses vehicle and has insurance already on it.
mate of mine got caught like this driving a vehilce with no other insurance, he thought he was covered by his own third party cover on his comprehensive insurance, which he wasn't.
Getting insurance after getting nicked for an insurance crime is interesting I believe!!
Worth knowing if you buy a vehicle and think you can drive it home as an extension of your own insurance, you can't

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Van insurance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net