Discuss Van vault in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Finch

I'd just like your opinion/suggestions please

I've just taken delivery of my new ford transit connect works van, the firm supplies us with van vaults to go in for laptop drill etc

Anyway they are saying it needs bolting through the floor using 10mm bolts... Surely drilling through the floor will invalidate the warranty? My idea is to just screw it down to the ply when my mate comes over to rack it out, but just wondered if anyone had similar

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bolt to floor. screwed to ply is not secure. obviously, you need to drill in safe spots, avoiding brake pipes. cable looms etc. surely, for the cost involved your employer should have tis done professionally.

Agreed, if it isn't screwed securely all you have done is provide the thieves with a handy box to take your gear away, albeit a heavy one.

Have a look under the van where you want to screw it to see what is there, it will possibly be hard to access as you may be behind the fuel tank depending on the position.

What I did was drilled and tapped the floor of the van as I couldn't get a nut onto the bolts underneath

Im with tex Screwing to plywood You may find IF anything does happen ( theft or injury caused during a crash ) Insurance first question about VV will be "Was it fittted according to manufacturesrs Instructions? If NOT they have their get out clause
Bear in mind if its a leased vehicle they dont like holes being drilled without premission If your worried about warranty on the rust proofing side Waxoyle it after fitting this will not only prevent rusting holes ( we dont like rusty holes) but it will also prevent any minor water leaking in
Van Vaults are great bits of kit but you do have to posistion them correctly or a good bit of the van becomes unusable think carefully where your going to bolt ot Measure three times Cut once

Thanks I know where I'm going to put it there's only one place really it can go without obstruction to access rest of van will have a look in detail what's underneath before I drill I may do as mentioned earlier and drill and tap the floor if I can't safely drill through

Reply to Van vault in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net