Discuss Variable Frequency Drives in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jahanzebahmed

We intend to install VFDs for the motors installed at our facility. Can anyone tell/share the IEC/NEC/IEEE code/standard showing upto what kilowatt rating of the motor we can use the DOL starter type and after what kilowatt rating we have to install VFD. For example, I seen a Electrical philosophy of a company that indicates that VFDs can only be used if the power rating exceeds 70 kW and below 70 kW, the motor starter type should be DOL.

Urgent response shall highly be appreciated.

I think you are getting a bit confused on how you want to control your motors. I would google both VFD's and DOL's and see what you need.

Depending on the supply to you’re facility there is virtually no limit to the size of a DOL motor. The people to ask are the power utility.

Using a VSD the current can be limited to normally 300% FLC where as a DOL starter could be up to 800%.

The biggest DOL I’ve ever come across was 2000HP

Strange name! its like you dropped a tennis ball on the keyboard but hey you are based in china so probably explains it.

[h=3]Location: China

Yeah....right...pull the other one

Server Location:pakistan
[/h][h=3]ISP:Micronet Broadband (Pvt) Ltd. [/h]

Reply to Variable Frequency Drives in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of restoring 4 of a group of 5 Brookhirst DC motor starters from 1936. These are a thing of beauty and the engineering in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping this is in the correct forum. To start, I acquired a film processing machine that runs on 3 phase. Now before getting the...
Replies
Views
We have this Swiss-made Dixi horizontal borer from 1957, very nice machine still with its original DC variable voltage drive. In those days there...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone May be someone could shed some insight on the sizing and provide some suggestions: 3 phase Generators (400 V, 50 Hz) have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock