Discuss Vehicle rear lights issue !! Help I'm lost in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Recently purchased a Nissan qashqui both rear lights ,indicators etc work however when u have foot brake and left indicator on the lights at rear left are xmas tree as they say and indicator is faint but repeater goes at fast pace

I thought bad earth ? So

I have swapped the circuit boards from rear right to left and vice Versa and not doing it ? Everything works perfect !! Weird

Unfortunately the cluster boards are specific for each side due to shape so can't leave it as working

anyone got an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a bad contact on the board which unconnecting and reconnecting has cleaned up a bit.

There's a good chance it will work if you put back correctly now.

Some switch/contact cleaner spray (maplins for instance) may be a good idea.

Hi there I have changed it 3 and 4 times and any time I put correct circuit board on ns rear and indicate and press brake it happens. This is side where earth is in body also noticed that the drivers side rear lights flicker slightly also

Was the vehicle bought with this fault or have they been working ok , or have you just noticed it , or was your attention drawn to it?
The fault may have been there for some time .
How old is the vehicle , and has it has it had a tow bar fitted?
Are the lamps (bulbs but I am frightened to say that) all correct for the vehicle?

Ps . I do not think you are far away with an earth fault or water ingress.

Check if the vehicle has CanBus controlled lights. It is also worth testing the ground,at each cluster position,and also,if the correct lamps are fitted in the correct manner.
An incorrectly jammed in 5/21w,or a single contact lamp in a dual contact receptacle,can give the symptoms you describe.

All the bulbs are correct. I have just purchased the vehicle and noticed it when braking and indicating left , I have taken clusters off and noticed right rear lights flicker also.

It's a Nissan qashqui 2009 not fitted with a towbar

Ok guys I have Sussed it out the 4 pin connecter plug I noticed the black one contact in plug seemed wider than rest , stripped the plug , used tweezers to align contact points and. Bingo.

Problem solved !!!! to the next time

cheers for the update. next time buy a toyota. :p:p:p

Reply to Vehicle rear lights issue !! Help I'm lost in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock