Discuss Vending machine supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys I work for a small vending machine company and at this present time they supply power to a unit using an extension lead shock I know it’s not the most ideal solution but I was thinking that I need to redesign the supply systems inside the unit
They get the supply from a plug socket which is then fed to two extensions with 5 plugs on each which feeds 10 chargers and 1 inverter I was wondering if a viable option would be to make a plug box with six plugs on either side and feed it directly from the socket or would I have to have a direct supply from the mains how could I get around this problem any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mikeltod can you give a bit more Information?

We would love to help, but I didn’t understand the first post and the later posts have been a bit lacking in detail.

From the information above you have 1 vending machine run of an extension lead.

You then say you need to redesign the supply system inside the unit.
Not sure what you mean by supply system inside unit.

You then go on to say you have 2 extension leads each with 5 socket outlets and these are feeding 10 chargers and 1 inverter.
Do these chargers and inverter have anything to do with the vending machine or are they just sharing the extension leads.
[automerge]1567263064[/automerge]
Ah.. I think the penny has just dropped.

You work in an office unit that is powered by extension leads. The question is nothing to do with the vending machine.

Am I correct?

Last edited:
Just clicked he works for a vending machine company and this has nowt to do with a vending machine:tearsofjoy:

As above mate.
Please can we have more detail.
Are these 10 chargers for the vending machines?
Whats the inverter for?
Whats the total load of above equipment?

If they are all small loads then I don't see a problem with using suitable extension leads.

used to be able to get coffee, twix, mars bars. now bloody herrings. next thing will be sushi from a vending machine.

Reply to Vending machine supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock