Discuss Victron System AHHHHHH in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rfstratton

So I feel that you never get a difinative answer in the Solar industry. There are alwasy to many permitations and views! I realsie openeing my questions to a forum such as this may compound the issue but I thought I would try. Also this is very specific and directed as Victron a little and there very lack luster support.

System: Off grid solar with generator support
Inverters: 3x Victorn Phenix multi plus 5K 24V units
Solar charger: Outback Flex Max 8-amp version
Batterys: 12 x 2V, 24V 3000amp per cell c-2
Solar pannels: 4900W split in to two string
Other hardware: Victron BMV 602, Victron Power pannel 2, VRG, Victron battery VE.net battery monitor.

Problem: On the VGR none of the solar energy is recorded and the generator support is also not.

When you log in to the very nice looking Victron monitoring system you have the option of looking at solar yield and generator yield to see the break down in you power usage. My system shows none on this.

I can assured by Victron that as long as I wired the solar chargers feed to the inverter side on the of the shunt on the negative DC line that this would work. It does not! any ideas.

Also when the generator runs, this AC is connected directly to the inverters, that the VGR monitoring again does not record any generator support.

I can see the AC come in and the system shows the mains/generator being on but the yield does not change. Again with the DC side of things I can see the battery voltage climb during the day and the BMV 602 state of charge increases. However the Ve.net SOC just continues to track south to zero unit the generator run. This is not such a problem as i use the BMV to trigger the generator for low SOC and the inverter virtual switch for the load support.

Whats wrong with my system why does the solar yield not show up in the victron system. Any ideas?

Note I use VGR and VRM interchangable as the VGR uploads to the VRM interface/portal

Your system is not a common setup in the UK, - have you tried talking to your installer, or was this a DIY system? - What panels have you used?

Thanks Worcester, its an off grid system very typical if off grid I think. Battery chargers are two outback flex max 80amp they have several sting of panel and are all balance. No problem with panels or the charging sorry if i implied that earlier. No grid sell back so no grid inverter. Just 3 Victon multi plus 5K 24V tha handle the generator control and charging if needed (ie no sun) but also supply the house in hight load situations to protect drawing off the battery to quickly
Problem is the DC going in the system is not picked up by my Victron motioning equipment when i was lead to believe it would be.
The VE.net just tracks to Zero all the time over a few days and does not see the solar charge going in. The BMV-602 reads the battery voltage and this goes up and down each day with the charge that is used by the inverters.
I just want get the VE.net system to see the DC going in from the solar chargers.

no specific advice other than maybe try taking all the cabling out, and rewire it from scratch, following the diagram and instructions closely and ignoring how you had it set up before.

There's obviously something not quite right, sometime sit can be hard to see what without just clearing the decks and trying again.

Then try the software again, it does sound a bit like something's just not been enabled in the software.

but I don't know this kit so can't be specific.

I know in Sunny Island set ups it important to set up the shunt correctly, and zero connecting wires, otherwise the DC connected generators/loads are not measured properly. I'm not familiar with Victron, but perhaps you can make sure the DC current is being measured correctly with known PV generation and loads.

Reply to Victron System AHHHHHH in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net