Discuss Views on a code if inspecting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in a venue (U.K.) at the moment which leaves a lot to be desired in pretty much all aspects but in the process of glancing around I spotted this, below. It’s definitely a C2 but I’m curious as to how people would judge that little bit of connector strip as a potential C1. Genuine question and I’m (thankfully!) NOT doing an inspection.

Views on a code if inspecting E053AB2C-5F12-4608-94F0-B03F3A86ED43 - EletriciansForums.netViews on a code if inspecting E0DEC786-46F3-4DA6-9617-44B717DADF87 - EletriciansForums.net

(And yes, I have seen that the cover is there below it)

Are you saying C2 for the lid off exposing conductors and the block connector?

C2, unless there are stray strands of copper waiting to be touched.

Don't you just love switch / plant rooms being used for storage (I'm guessing it is piled up with treads or similar & mats).

Looks fairly good otherwise. Put the lid on and you don't have to worry about coding it as removing trunking lids is apparently not part of a condition report.

C2, unless there are stray strands of copper waiting to be touched.

Don't you just love switch / plant rooms being used for storage (I'm guessing it is piled up with treads or similar & mats).
Absolutely! And yes, it’s ‘safe’ by virtue that you can’t actually get to it.

So, my thinking process is that the choc bloc is effectively a bare connector - we all know that there’s naff all space from where the plastic stops and the screw bloc sits so anyone casually handling it would likely enough be at risk.

Absolutely! And yes, it’s ‘safe’ by virtue that you can’t actually get to it.

So, my thinking process is that the choc bloc is effectively a bare connector - we all know that there’s naff all space from where the plastic stops and the screw bloc sits so anyone casually handling it would likely enough be at risk.
Limited knowledge here, but would it be a C1 where containment is open and C2 with lid in place?

C2 with lid off, c3 with lid on.

If I found that I'd rather quickly crimp and heat-shrink the thing than mess about with software giving it a code!

As it stands - I generally think in terms of what could go wrong. An exceptionally talented person could touch live parts.
With lid on or off someone working further along could pull the wires and there's no mechanical restraint other than the choc block itself. If a wire came out ....

Probably C2 for both, maybe C1 if there are multiple wires shoved in and the screws are on the high side.

C3 if the lid was on... Its an enclosure.. no different than a floating connector in a metal joint box. C2 as it is.

However, C1 for all those open 20mm holes in the top of the trunking. (next to the pvc conduit)

And another C1, for the circuit breaker numbering being the same as a mid 90's pop song by Steps.😆

Reply to Views on a code if inspecting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock