Discuss views on working for british gas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peanutty

hi all,

have been offered a job at british gas as a sparky, anyone have any experience working for them? it is working on their breakdown insurance side? any views?

ta

Peanutty

Sit in van all day til you're called out then do a dodgy job and still get payed an arm and a leg with benefits on top no problem

FFS, all being tarred with same brush again!
I work for BG, not ashamed to say it.
I don't do a dodgy job and take pride in my work!
As for what it's like working for them, they are ok, money is pretty decent for a pretty steady job. All tools, uniform, vehicle provided. Pension, share save etc.
Mostly dodging breakdown work, though do install work too.
They do have the red tape and frustrations that often go with working for a big company, but the overall package is good.
Unfortunately some shoddy uns slip through the net and as you can see from post 2 we invariably all get flack :-(

FFS, all being tarred with same brush again!
I work for BG, not ashamed to say it.
I don't do a dodgy job and take pride in my work!
As for what it's like working for them, they are ok, money is pretty decent for a pretty steady job. All tools, uniform, vehicle provided. Pension, share save etc.
Mostly dodging breakdown work, though do install work too.
They do have the red tape and frustrations that often go with working for a big company, but the overall package is good.
Unfortunately some shoddy uns slip through the net and as you can see from post 2 we invariably all get flack :-(

Good for you mate, too many BIG 'ED know it all's on this forum . . .an Electrical illness! . . . British Gas is O.K.

Reply to views on working for british gas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am 17 years old and my main goal was to become an electrician. But I have been hearing from people that becoming a gas safety technician...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Where I'm working there is this old capped gas supply which is royally in the way for the kitchen fitters. The gas meter is the other side of the...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock