Discuss virgin media- flat conversion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Doing a conversion at the mo consiting of 4 flats

The devoloper wants virgin media capability- although surely it would be better to offer flexibilty for future buyers (they might want sky etc)

Each flat has a kitchen/dinning TV/phone point
then a TV point in the bedroom(s)

If I run a twin RG6 shotgun coax cable from each TV to communal cupboard of ground floor
and 1x cat5 cable from each phone point to the same communal cupboard

will virgin media be able to 'do there thing'

ta guys

Should be fine mate but as it's virgin I would get their shotgun rg6/2 pair telephone cable. They might get funny about not using their cable and whatnot.

As for sky run 2x satellite coax to the com cupboard from a duplexed tv point. Then from the duplexed run a return leg to a cupboard in the flat and fit a booster. From the booster to the single tv points in bedrooms. You will need a proper av setup in the roof for this to work.

Reply to virgin media- flat conversion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon Just so I can agree with the builder- can I get advise on following. What wiring I need per flat to allow for sky and standard tv...
Replies
Views
Hi guys just went to quote for 3bed re-wire- he wants virgin media- and don't really know what cables i need and where they need to go! Just...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks for any advice- I have serviced a fire alarm in a 3 story victorian building / converted to self contained flats (prior to 1991)...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, right where do i start with this one....... in my home i have sky,ps4 and my router in a cupboard up stairs with hdmi's,controlling the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
alright folks, Im in the process of buying my first house. The house needs some work doing especially a rewire. The home owner is a ive worked...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock