Discuss Virgin Superhub in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spinney

I've recently had my virgin media broadband upgraded and been given a Superhub. I'm having loads of problems With the wireless connection. I've pretty much exhausted all the suggestions on VM website with no improvement. I've ended up putting the hub in modem mode and using the old Dlink router. This seems to work fine but defeats the whole ideas of having a standalone hub.

Does anyone know of a third party firmware that resolves this issue. The recent VM uPdate hasn't hanged anything.

Many thanks

Have you tried turning the power off to the modem and computer for at least 10 mins and then reboot this length of time will clear the diodes in the modem

I too have a VM Super Hub, and agree that the wireless connections are poor.

In my old setup, I had a standalone router and separate wireless access point. I have now kept this connected as it seems to offer far better coverage.

Adam, I had a similar setup but when I was upgraded to the 60MB connection VM said the old modem wouldn't handle the faster speeds and I would need a Superhub, hard wired the speeds are fantastic but on wireless I get about 2MB!

Using the separate D-Link router solves the wireless issue but VM shouldn't be giving out hardware that's not fit for purpose. I was hoping the R36 update would help but it hasn't.

Hello to one and all,

R36 Superhub Firmware:
I have noticed my suoerhub has been upgraded to this firmware, I am using the suoerhub in modem mode attached to my own dlink router. I have connection issues on a regular basis with my Internet and regularly check the error logs on the superhub to see when critical errors appear and the causes of disruptions

Thanks and Regards,
Steven Brooks

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I remember, the hub is supposed to troll through a number of WiFi channels, and choose the best one.
Have you tried setting the WiFi channel selection to manual, and choosing a channel?

I think the problem is with the settings that may have been preset conflicting with your laptop/netbook's WI-FI settings....I have some engineers codes somewhere for this to change settings on the router itself......has a built in user interface which is accessed via a built in "secret" webpage that you can access......I just need to dig out the IP address for you to type into the address bar of your web browser......it's better if you connect the RJ45 patch lead to the Network port on your laptop and the router (the yellow lead)......going to look for the access number just now.....

OK this router is based round Netgear hardware as far as I know, so you would want to open your internet explorer/firefox and type this into the address bar at the top 192.168.0.1 then hit enter, this will present you with a dashboard (a user settings panel as a web page) with which you can set WPA/WEP etc and change wireless modes in order to match those of your Laptop/Netbook...

Reply to Virgin Superhub in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock