Discuss Virtual Training / Fire Alarm Training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

IAmSparkytus!

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone ever took part in any of the virtual classroom training sold by the NICEIC?

Interested in learning more about fire alarm systems and emergency lighting so figured they might be a good place to start.

Is a fire alarm qualification similar to an electrical apprenticeships where you’d have to attend college etc?

Anyone ever took part in any of the virtual classroom training sold by the NICEIC?

Interested in learning more about fire alarm systems and emergency lighting so figured they might be a good place to start.

Is a fire alarm qualification similar to an electrical apprenticeships where you’d have to attend college etc?
Hi, you might want to contact Aico, who do seminars and courses linked to you local friendly wholesalers, give them a look on the web, and give them a mail or a bell, they are freindly and helpful.

The Aico training is a good start, gives you an understanding of 5839-6. There are establishments out that that do fire alarm training; the obvious one being the FIA, the sector association, another being Zzeus as a private training provider that have some C&G accredited courses around 5839-1, 5839-6, the FSRRO and quite possibly 5266/1838 emergency lighting training. Arena Training also do 5839-1 courses. Unlike the traditional sparking it seems that vendors want to be paid to give you knowledge and access to thier products which seems backwards to me.

The only thing I’ve seen so far is a virtual training, I’m assuming it’s a Zoom meeting style training maybes, through the NICEIC. I think there are 6 units total: fundamentals, design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, domestic.

£175 for the first module which is virtual but I’ve just checked and the 2nd module is classroom based for £325 and I’d have to travel down the country for it.

Probably a similar scenario for the other 4 modules as well I’d imagine.

Anyone done anything similar?

More info from any of you who have had the manufacturer training would be great as well if possible

Thanks

The only thing I’ve seen so far is a virtual training, I’m assuming it’s a Zoom meeting style training maybes, through the NICEIC. I think there are 6 units total: fundamentals, design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, domestic.

£175 for the first module which is virtual but I’ve just checked and the 2nd module is classroom based for £325 and I’d have to travel down the country for it.

Probably a similar scenario for the other 4 modules as well I’d imagine.

Anyone done anything similar?

More info from any of you who have had the manufacturer training would be great as well if possible

Thanks
It might be worth shooting them an email; [email protected] and/or [email protected] 👍

Reply to Virtual Training / Fire Alarm Training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net