Discuss Voltage/Continuity Tester /w proving unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im looking to buy my first (always use companies) voltage/continuity tester. I have seen the likes of Fluke online and wondering which ones are best to use, and also which proving units work with which testers?

Many Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt.

I personally would not be without my beloved Fluke T5-1000.:D

They are a bit more expensive than the rest but you get the added bonus of a clamp meter built in. Also one of the probes can clip into the body so you dont have the meter hanging by the laeds when testing in awkward places.

They also make a T5-600 version which is cheaper than the T5-1000 as it only measures upto 600V as opposed to 1000V.

Cheers.:cool:

Thanks, I will look into these, are they to GS38? or does no one else seem to care about this apart from thh company I work for?

Totally agree with Len, Fluke T5 great bit of kit!

I do have others but use the Fluke as the number 1.

Thanks mate, I'll prob get the Martindale one. I have used this before and liked it(doubt it makes any difference really!).

I'm just trying to get involved in some industrial work for the first time as well. Is there a decent multimeter that can also be recommended for this kind of work?

Thanks mate, I'll prob get the Martindale one. I have used this before and liked it(doubt it makes any difference really!).

I'm just trying to get involved in some industrial work for the first time as well. Is there a decent multimeter that can also be recommended for this kind of work?

If I were you I would look to see what you want to do with the meter first, because there are lots of different meters out there that can do lots of stuff all built in, and with lots of different ranges.

Why not tale a look at the fluke range for example and get a comparison of meters?

Fluke - Test and Measurement Equipment

Hey Matt.

I personally would not be without my beloved Fluke T5-1000.:D

They are a bit more expensive than the rest but you get the added bonus of a clamp meter built in. Also one of the probes can clip into the body so you dont have the meter hanging by the laeds when testing in awkward places.

They also make a T5-600 version which is cheaper than the T5-1000 as it only measures upto 600V as opposed to 1000V.

Cheers.:cool:

agree- had the t5 for couple of years now. get the holster too for about 15 quid to protect it or/and stick on ure belt

Any reason why you need a proving unit?

Normally the incoming and outgoing sides of a DB isolator is proof enough.

Even my assessor thought so too.

Dont waste your money.

Well many thanks for your replies here guys, I have pirchased myself one of the below:

Voltage/Continuity Tester /w proving unit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Been using it for this week and have found it a great help for a bit of basic fault finding domestically, better than carrying my big multifunction tester around testing continuity ;)

Cheers

Reply to Voltage/Continuity Tester /w proving unit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock