Discuss Voltage derived from differnet transformer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Minetsky

When i measure the voltage between L1 of 230V transformer and L1 of 450V transformer i can measure around 180V. Can i use this voltage to light up a 220V lamp? Actually i tried it but it doesnt work and dont know why. Have tried also to any other phases but no way that it lights up..Thanks for any input about this.

Sorry, what i mean is there are 2 different transformer. I am measuring both from the secondary side..

Actually my idea came from the generators synchronizing lamp. When 2 generators are out of phase you can light the sync lamps. I tried it also on two 230V transformers but it didn't too..

You have a normal everyday single phase mains voltage lamp. Here's a really radical idea, rather than messing about (which could end up killing you) run a single phase circuit fused accordingly and power the lamp with that.
Why complicate things unnecessarily?

You have a normal everyday single phase mains voltage lamp. Here's a really radical idea, rather than messing about (which could end up killing you) run a single phase circuit fused accordingly and power the lamp with that.
Why complicate things unnecessarily?
Thanks trev for the concern. IMO to be a good electrician i have to know those things. Not to complicate things but who knows i might use the knowledge gained in troubleshooting one day. Its not just lighting up a bulb sir. Cheers!

Actually my idea came from the generators synchronizing lamp. When 2 generators are out of phase you can light the sync lamps. I tried it also on two 230V transformers but it didn't too..

I haven't got a clue what your talking about here, or indeed what your even trying to do!! There is a world of difference between synchronizing two generators to run in parallel and two distribution transformers....

Thanks trev for the concern. IMO to be a good electrician i have to know those things. Not to complicate things but who knows i might use the knowledge gained in troubleshooting one day. Its not just lighting up a bulb sir. Cheers!
Well I was going to reply along the lines of what E54 said in post 8 and like him I have no clue what you're driving at with your question. I agree, to be good sparks we have to know a lot of technicalities but it would help if you could give a clear explanation of what you are trying to achieve.

What you’re wanting explained would take a long time to write up.
Do you understand vectors and phase shifts in a transformer? If you don’t there’s no point wasting time, if you do you should be able to work the answer out you’re self.

Reply to Voltage derived from differnet transformer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock