Discuss Voltage Drop Branch of radial circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys

Need some help in calculating voltage drop on a branched radial circuit. (13A design load 2.5mm cable)( cu to junction box 8m 2.5mm)

for a standard loop in loop out radial it would be IbxDxmV/m/1000

this circuit has 2 branches from the junction box

one/ 10m long ( 1 double socket)

2nd 27m long ( 3 double sockets)

can any one help re Volt drop

easy. calculate the VD at the junction using the sum of the Ib 's of each branch. then calculate each branch and add on to get the 3 values.

Need more info, anticipated load, OCPD type, installation method etc etc

thanks tel. so if each branch has a design load of 13Amps then the volt drop at the Junction box would be , 13+13x8x18/1000 = 3.74v

branch 1) 13x10x18/1000 = 2.34
branch 2) 13x27x18/1000 =6.318

to note desgin load total circuit 13A

is my thinking correct ??

not quite. if your OCPD is 16A, then that's your max. Ib for the circuit. likewise if it's 20A then your Ib is 20A (max.).

Reply to Voltage Drop Branch of radial circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
I found a 13A FCU, connected to the kitchen ring supplying an outdoor junction box, providing two SWA 2.5mm radials. Unconventional? yes. One...
Replies
Views
Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
all currently working towards my 2391 c&g I&T . I know how to calculate v.d. but the mock test I found online seems a bit out of date or I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock