• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Voltage drop when transformer on site in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've got what may be a stupid question but the only answer that I can come up with is 'because it says so in AS 3000', is there a reason why you only get 5% voltage drop when your transformer is on the site but not dedicated to the site? To me, the physics would suggest that it should be no different to being dedicated and getting 7% so I'm needing someone to break it down. Thanks in advance.

Reply to Voltage drop when transformer on site in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net