CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Voltage Indicator Pens? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

London Luke

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I use t use the RED MK ones with sound. Now i have a "Di Log" with led light as well and love it.

what is the best available?

cheers

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
P

PAUL M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fluke.

D

DanBrown

Definatly the Fluke ''VoltAlert''..

W

wattsup

Only use to test live, and not proven dead! or you will be one day

fluke too, but i find the battery tends to be a little loose, and can cause it to malfunction, anyone else have the same problem ?

A

andypandy

use a fluke but as has been said to c if circult live then still double check with test meter

R

RacerA3

Im using Fluke here too.

D

dr rosenrosen

The alphatek ones are good but the light on them tends to have a life of its own.

R

rumrunner

The alphatek ones are good but the light on them tends to have a life of its own.
So there rubbish then:eek: what good is a voltage indicator without a light ,as i said before i dont use them ,i dont trust them ,and doubt if i could find a fault with one.i cant understand why anyone needs one,its beond me ,i must be missing something:confused:

D

dr rosenrosen

Not the light to indicate a live circuit but the small lamp on the other end of the stick, as a voltage indicator its no more or less reliable than any other brand and while i would not use it to fully verify that a circuit is dead they are a valuable tool if used for identification.

P

pope

Can be very helpfull in certain situations, but nothing beats a set of test lamps for proving dead.

C

claire_r

they are only good for testing whether the casing for a washing machine etc is live...and i still wouldnt trust it!

A

andypandy

ever thought of using it to test switch lines or test cable to c if it is broken between one point to the next u can also if you r good you can hold it on a fuse spur and switch it on/off and u can c ifpower reaching it without removing cover nobody said u should trust them but if used correct and on as a basic check then there should b no problems

Reply to Voltage Indicator Pens? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom